Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Date I Will Never Forget

December 30th, 1998 is a date I will never forget. Mommy suffered with Pancreatic and Liver Cancer for 6 months. She was diagnosed on my birthday (June 23rd). For 6 months I never seen my mother show signs of pain, defeat or uncertainty. Instead, what I saw was a strong mother, grandmother & daughter who knew the word of God. I was the one she was praying for. She prayed that God would give me strength when he called her to glory land. I can recall when the doctor said that my mother wouldn't live to see Thanksgiving, but God said otherwise. He allowed her to also see Christmas with her family and friends. I had a superwoman of a mother and NO ONE can ever replace her. She was a friend, confidant, counselor, giver, woman of God and touched every person's heart she encountered and she always spoke her mind. At 4:59pm as she was gently slipping away from us, she looked at me as I was rubbing her legs and she had a smile on her face. I was always her "tammy". My oldest brother looked at me and said "Tammy, mom is ready to rest but she want to make sure you are alright.” It took every ounce of strength inside me to look at mommy and tell her "mommy, I'm going to be alright." When she heard those words, she took her last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment